cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z 4.4 KitKat Update??

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is it going to take O2 to release the 4.4 update for my Xperia Z as I know its now available on unbranded models.

If its going to be longer than a week then I'm going to go ahead a flash my phone.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thank you for your question.

Whilst we appreciate you are keen for kitkat I would taper that with the guidance that the front end changes are minimal with most of the improvements under the bonnet.

For most users the differences are almost unrecognisable and not really worth stressing over.

As stated above o2 are one of the slower networks to roll out updates as they do thorough testing before release.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just don't know ref timescales.

Typically it's a staggered rollout when they have tested the firmware on their network.

Flashing / rooting can invalidate your manufacturers warranty. The choice is yours.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi O2 are known to be very slow at releasing updates and are often the last network they won't tell you and we don't know a timeframe it's just a case of waiting 😞
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thank you for your question.

Whilst we appreciate you are keen for kitkat I would taper that with the guidance that the front end changes are minimal with most of the improvements under the bonnet.

For most users the differences are almost unrecognisable and not really worth stressing over.

As stated above o2 are one of the slower networks to roll out updates as they do thorough testing before release.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you agree that it is stupid that these networks have to brand the firmware on phones.

The only thing I like about iPhone...... But the only.

I've seen the update already and it sharpens things up and couple of new things but honestly its just about being up to date.

This network is crap... BUT I've said that before so I just need to get the phone paid off.

Can't wait to transfer my main number (thats with O2) to EE (Virgin) the network is so much better even the call quality.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with ee their calls can be somewhat hit and miss they are great for data but not so good for calls I do understand how annoying it is to have to wait for the updates though that's why I buy Sim free unbranded when I can afford it

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well data is my issue with O2 but in Birmingham and everywhere I've been around the UK so London, Scottish Highlands and West sussex with this O2 Contract the calls and data have been rubbish...

I do agree EE are good for data both 3G and 4G clocked 18mbps on Virgin with 1 of 5 bars of signal and nearly 3mbps up though uploading dont work so well with weak signal.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in London and don't find any problem with O2 personally
Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Me neither in coventry, Birmingham, Liverpool or right now in Ludlow...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suppose I have just been spoilt by better networks then.

Message 10 of 10