Did you mean: 

Xperia SP - 12.1.A.1.205 Out Now

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Good news for the Xperia SP owners out there,

Our device team have just had it confirmed that the latest JellyBean update, 12.1.A.1.205, is now available for download via the PC Companion software. We expect the over the air update to follow shortly and begin the usual roll-out phase. If you want the update *now*, hook up that USB cable and fire up PC Companion. If you prefer OTA and would rather wait - keep an eye open for an update notification heading your way soon.

This update will bring general stability enhancements and is expected to resolve some issues that SP users have been reporting to Sony these past few months. It's a highly recommended update which we'd suggest grabbing as soon as you're able to.

Let us know if you notice any differences or find an improvement with your device' performance.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I would do if it wasn't in for repair..... again 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Saw the title and thought of you @MI5 lol
Of course now, If they just flash this and the problem goes away that note you sent with phone might look silly.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The phone will always be rubbish though with only 1gb RAM, and won't get any real improvement until (if) KK is released - I'll stick with my Z1 either way slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery life appears to be better now.  (10% used in 18 hours)

Previous version (....201) would have used around 20% by now. (Google services featured a lot using 90% of power, now not featured)

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crashed / froze last night whilst on lock screen.

It turned itself off when tried to unlock screen.

Power button etc. wouldn't kick it into life.

Plugging it in charger (+ pressing power etc.)  I encountered a red light (though eventually it rebooted with 66% battery)

Disappointing that the last two updates have caused crashes (...201 affected battery life) where before that it was sound.

Message 6 of 6