cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPERIA UPDATE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi does anyone know when xperia SP gets the 4.3 update.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Android-4-3-Sony-Xperia-SP/m-p/614986#...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Android-4-3-Sony-Xperia-SP/m-p/614986#...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

This upgrade is available now but be careful.  I upgraded to 4.3 using Sony PC Companion.  Although I followed the instructions exactly, following the upgrade, the phone was sluggish with many apps 'not responding'.  This is well documented on the web for many users of Xperia SP.  After getting fed up with this, I did a factory reset on the phone, ensuring I ticked the box to remove all my data from internal storage.  Then I went back on PC Companion and used the 'repair' option.  Phone now working perfectly.  battery life is MUCH better.  wifi signal is MUCH better.  mobile signal is MUCH better.  No sluggishness or apps not responding.  The phone is working like it always should have done.

If you can be bothered, it is worth it, although there is a good change it will not work first time and I definately recommend a factory reset before you start

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Good advice.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4