cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Dropping out - LG G3

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past week or so I've been experiencing issues with my Wi-Fi dropping on my phone. The Wi-Fi shows its connected and then once I start firing up apps it vanishes completely and then eventually comes back. Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes it takes a few minutes but its getting to be a very painful issue. 

My housemate doesn't have the same issue and when connected to my work's Wi-Fi the problem is significantly reduced...but not completely fixed. 

Oddly enough I've also noticed my battery draining a lot faster and did experience issues with it constantly restarting until I bought a new battery. 

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm running on 5.0

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous A Google search including the title of your thread produced this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Wi-Fi+Dropping+out+-+LG+G3&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=PamxV_2nMeqHgAb91qeQBQ

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Many thanks for this, I've been searching online for the past week and I am working through the suggestions but also wanted to try a post myself to see if someone could help with my particular case. 

It's worth noting that all other devices (laptop,TV) work fine when connected to the Wi-Fi at home and at work as well. 

I'm suspicious to whether there is something happening with the phone being able to find wi-fi networks as sometimes in the list of available wi-fi names it jumps from having a long list, to a few and then will add some more and then they vanish again evenutally my home wi-fi name comes back and connects only for it to start again once I try and use it. 

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It does sound to be phone related...if your laptop and TV work with no issues at all.?

Also others using the same Wifi have no problems....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If after working your way through the threads, you are still having the same problems, then I would suggest you think about a factory reset or contacting LG direct. It seems it's a known issue with this phone.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok will do, I've been looking at doing a factory reset since getting the issues with the battery and the Wi-Fi issues added on top was the final straw. 

Battery issues seem to have slowly resolved itself, I guess it was just wishful thinking that the Wi-Fi would do the same. 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've had the same issue with a previous device and it needed a new WiFi module in the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, I've been in store to O2 who's system told them a software update may fix the issue. I've also heard similar things through all of the other threads of similar issues, seems there's an issue with Lollipop and battery and wi-fi. 

No update is available from my phones update centre and have tried to use the LG support tool from their website but the last download I need isn't Mac compatable, despite them offering different downloads for PC & Mac for everything else. 

I guess to test this last thing I need to get hold of a PC to check whether I can access Marshmallow. 

Message 8 of 8