cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number is wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and recently I have changed my SIM to an O2 one but the voice mail number is stuck to the number that was used on my old sim and wont let me hear any of my messages, i have tried changing the number to 901 under call settings but when i click done it says unable to change voicemail number. Does anyone know how to fix this problem please?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jade23 and Welcome to the Forum.

Please try ;

- Press the Menu key
- Tap Settings
- Tap Call
- Tap Voicemail settings
- Tap Voicemail number then tap the text box and enter 901 then tap OK
- Press the Back key 3 times to return to the home screen
- Turn you phone off and back on again
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Hi Jade, welcome slight_smile
Your phone still has branded firmware from your old network on it which means the vm number is pre set and cannot be changed.
Your only 2 options are to flash the UK generic firmware which will unlock the restriction you are seeing now or save 901 as a contact in your phone under "Voicemail" and just call up that contact each time you need to retrieve any messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help, I have tried that and it still comes up with unable to change voicemail number 😞

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, thank you for your reply, I already have voicemail 901 in my contacts but nothing happens with that so I'll probably have to try the other option you suggested

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Hi Jade
I wrote a guide to flashing here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
Let me know if you are going to go ahead with it and I'll give you the link for the correct firmware you need.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
But..... manually dialing 901 should still work for you so check you have VM turned on (just dial 1750 "call") to check...
What actually happens when you dial 901?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7