cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone blacklisted my IMEI... but I'm an o2 customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

To cut a long story short... Vodafone have blacklisted my IMEI, even though I am not a customer of theirs. I have been with o2 since 2002 and have never had anything to do with Vodafone.

My phone is a Galaxy S5 which I have since December 2014 when I took the current contract out through Carphone Warehouse.

Both o2 and Samsung have confirmed that Vodafone blocked the IMEI, and Samsung showed me confirmation on their system. Vodafone say they couldn't have blocked my phone as I don't have an account with them. o2 say they can't unlock it as it wasn't them that blacklisted it. Vodafone say they can't unlock it as I don't have an account with them. I am stuck in the middle and neither company will help me.

I still have 6 months left on my contract and am trapped paying for a phone I can't use. It appears to me that Vodafone have tried to block one of their customer's phones which was stolen, however they have got the IMEI wrong and blocked mine instead.

Does anyone have any ideas? Both companies are supposed to be looking into, but neither seem very confident of resolving the matter, since apparently this happens incredibly rarely.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Vodafone stolen phones department are now saying it was a different department that put the block on (not sure which), so they have had to forward everything to that department for review.

I have told them that their internal procedures are not my concern!

Sooooooo...Vodafone have admitted they are at fault ....but they have forwarded everything to the correct dept "for review"?? Beggars belief....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 48

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I thought India and Kenya were the world leaders in bureaucracy !
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 48

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Hahaha

Did you try cpw like I suggested
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 23 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Hahaha

Did you try cpw like I suggested

I guess they have tried everything including the Pope....LOL

Message 24 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I did go to cpw to get the proof of purchase, explained the situation but they did not offer help.

I think Vodafone are sorting it, just taking their sweet time. In the meantime o2 have kindly given me a courtesy phone (looks like something from the 90s).
Message 25 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone say the blacklist was lifted this morning and it's no longer showing on the database. However my phone is still showing as emergency calls only. Any ideas on how I can get it working again, or does it take a while to recognise? I have restarted the phone but didn't make any difference. Thanks
Message 26 of 48

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'd wait 24 hours for the database to update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 48

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
let us know, and I'm glad it seems to be getting sorted. I would be looking for some form of compo from voda likes.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 28 of 48

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will definitely be putting in a complaint and asking for compensation, at least for the 2 weeks' phone bill I've still had to pay. Plus the numerous hours I have spent trying to sort it out!
Message 30 of 48