cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Phones...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm due an upgrade for my phone and want to get the LG G4. I have found a good deal online at mobiles.co.uk however they do better deals for new accounts rather than upgrades. My question is this: Can I get a new o2 contract through them and then have my current number ported across or do I need to go through the 'upgrade' route?
TIA
David
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes you can take a new contract but you need to cancel your current one and get CS to transfer your number across so you will need to have both accounts running at the same time for the first month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think the op might be on o2 already. I didn't think you could port your number from o2 to o2. Or at least that was the case when I worked for them
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am already on o2...?
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes you can change the number from one account to another. That would close the first account and produce a final bill.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@djlukew wrote:
I think the op might be on o2 already. I didn't think you could port your number from o2 to o2. Or at least that was the case when I worked for them

Must have changed because you can now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@djlukew wrote:

Must have changed because you can now.

I did when I was on PAYG and went to contract.... Though not sure whether that's classed as porting...or keeping your number. CS did call it porting at the time...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Payg to paym has always been the option. If it's changed then fair enough I just can't see the benefits of o2 allowing that to happen on paym to paym
Message 8 of 8