cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Android system and phone has crashed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I purchased a HTC Desire S and updatd the android system software on my phone as it was set to factory default.  The phone has now crashed and won't go past the htc logo. I have tried the factory reboot by holding the volume button at the side but this hasn't worked. I have downloaded a toolkit which I thought would help with this but the device is not found by my computer. I left it in to a local phone shop and they had no idea how to fix it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You said it had been sitting in your drawer broken for some time and hadn't been fixed. What was broken before you tried to update the OS?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I can only recommend, with all other options exhausted, a visit to the desire s section of XDA developer forum, once there you need to find.
A flashtool
The windows flash drivers for your phone
And the correct official firmware.
You will find further instructions there as I don't think we can tell you how to actually do it. (plus I don't know with HTC's being honest)
Message 12 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

You said it had been sitting in your drawer broken for some time and hadn't been fixed. What was broken before you tried to update the OS?

This ^^^^^^^

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

it wasn't broken in any other way. i bought the phone,updated the OS and then it stopped working.

Message 14 of 22

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry, but I'm a little confused now. You said in an earlier post "i bought the phone about 2 years ago however it has been in my drawer since then broken and never got round to getting it fixed due to various reason but i would like to fix it as its like brand new."

If you took it to a High Street shop and they weren't able to fix it, you may have no alternative except to contact HTC support directly and see if they can help. As it's such an outdated phone, I'm not sure if they will, but it would be worth asking if you want to keep it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will find everything you need here although I have to say that HTC phones aren't the easiest to pay with. You may find it much quicker to pay a local phone repair shop to flash a ROM back on it.
It's not beyond anyone with a data cable and a laptop/PC but it can be fiddly on these phones http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-s
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 22

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

OP said in their first post "I left it in to a local phone shop and they had no idea how to fix it."

Maybe they need to go armed with the link you provided to a different shop?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

OP said in their first post "I left it in to a local phone shop and they had no idea how to fix it."

Maybe they need to go armed with the link you provided to a different shop?

I would try a shop that knows what they are doing.

As I said, HTC's aren't the easiest, but not impossible to do.

All it needs is a ROM but I am surprised that a proper factory reset isn't fixing it tbh......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You will find everything you need here although I have to say that HTC phones aren't the easiest to pay with. You may find it much quicker to pay a local phone repair shop to flash a ROM back on it.
It's not beyond anyone with a data cable and a laptop/PC but it can be fiddly on these phones http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-s

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'll be able to find everything I need on that site, they seem to knwo their stuff!! All I need is someody to point me in the right direction and I should be able to fix it myself, heres hoping anyway!!

I'll let you know how I get on slight_smile

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just take your time to read and check you have everything straight in your mind before starting and you'll be fine.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22