Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking samsung galaxy s7 edge

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone I tried 2 weeks ago to unlock my galaxy s7 edge.Filled the form and stuff and i got an email saying my iphone has been unlocked!I wanna get it unlocked so i can sell it on.Its really frustating,ive tried again,the hilarious part is I have to type in the imei number.Hows is the imei number of my galaxy s7 edge an iphone?

Any ideas how to resolve this?Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It needs a good 24 hours use on the network before it will register in your MyO2 - it isn't an instant switchover.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I know wat you mean.I dont wanna use it.Dont like it,and it doesnt hook up to the car as good as the iphone.Gave them the imei number so they have to unlock it

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, they should do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 19

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
I guess I will have to wait another week.if not I will have to lodge a complaint.I know I'm out money from buying it but don't wanna lose any more than I have to.
Message 14 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please keep us updated @Charlieboyoo It will be good to know how this turns out wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You do need to put your O2 sim in the phone and use it until it shows up in My O2. Once it's showing you can use the unlock button. Surely it's worth doing that rather than getting frustrated waiting for customer service?

Message 16 of 19

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Well very happy just received the email slight_smile now I just have to get a SIM card I think to be honest customer service has been improving
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Calling usually helps in these cases - once you can get through to them slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great news @Charlieboyoo glad to hear it's getting sorted! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 19