cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Phone --- O2 Useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just paid off the remainder of my device plan and want to move elsewhere due to getting a better data deal.

But due to Sony replacing my faulty phone and thus having a new imei, the online request keeps telling me its not a o2 device when it still branded o2. Only o2 sim will work with phone.

Between calling South Africa and god knows where else. I get different answers. escalation after escalation and still no where.

So i have a phone I have bought and paid for and O2 wont unlock it thus making it a paperweight or forcing me to use a o2 sim.

A telecomunication company that can only email the unlatching team my email ffs.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its Scary. A big letdown is the different CS centers and not being able to get the last person you have dealt with. So you then enter groundhog day

Message 21 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Did you PM @Toby as he suggested @Anonymous ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 29

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We’ve caught up with our complaints team and we believe this should now be sorted for you @Anonymous? We’re sorry for the frustration caused – the issue was due to your replacement device not being recognised as an official O2 one on our systems which prevented the unlock code from being generated. We’ve been in touch with Sony and worked with them to get this resolved for you though. Sorry again, and let us know if you encounter any other issues

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the email this evening. But Sony already picked up the phone as O2 told me today it would be 10 days.

I just dont have any luck at all.

Thanks to all for the help. Cant belive how poor (outwith this) the customer service has been. Really the worst I have dealth with.

Pity as thats 2 contracts I have now cancelled and I have been with o2 since bt cellnet days.

Thnks again.

Message 24 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It really shouldn't be so difficult, should it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I get my phone unlocked for free
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please reply to my texts
Message 27 of 29

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can if you are monthly contract.

If you are P&G and your phone has been on the network for 12 months (iphone exception) you need £15 credit and fill in the form here :

Unlock An O2 Mobile

Message 28 of 29

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Also a community help thread here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 29