cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking Number and Handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

A while back now I had my number stolen, so I contacted the O2 Gurus to block my number.  They said they would and they would send me a new SIM to put in my phone and when it arrived they would activate it.

When the new SIM arrived and gave O2 Gurus another chat to ask them to activate the SIM but was told Oh no you have to go to an O2 Shop to have this done.  A bit angry now but I went to the O2 shop and they said Oh yes it has been activated; wait 24 hours and you will be able to use your handset and number again.  So after the 24 hours turned on my phone and it said NO SERVICE and I went nuts!!!!  As I was travelling that day I phoned Customer Services and they said go to the O2 Shop in London and they will be able to help you.  So I did.  They put in another SIM and activated it and then said there is something wrong with your handset.  I was furious!!  They then said if I got another handset put the SIM in it would be fine. I have done this but after going to my local O2 shop again they cannot help but advised me to get in touch with Customer Services again.  They have now told me not only did ihe idiot Guru put a block my number but he put a block on the handset too, so I am now waiting for them to rectify this.  I think O2s Services has been disgusting,,I mean why hasn't any of the Gurus, geeks spotted this?  Very unhappy O2 customer

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Normally reporting a number lost or stolen and customer service would block the account and the phone. 

Did you tell them it was only the sim that had been stolen? Wouldn't you yourself presume that the sim was in the handset when it was stolen?

I think you are being a little harsh here when customer service did what would be routine in the event of someone reporting a lost/stolen  sim.

Hope it gets unblocked soon but I think you are being angry needlessly.

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I agree...A reason to be angry would be if someone picked up your phone...and used it (with sim) to rack up £100's of calls that you would be liable for

What happened was normal practice...simply to ensure the safety of your device

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Awww....Hug Cheer up @jonsie

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
Just ask then to lift the bar on your handset. It will take a couple of days, simples slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just ask then to lift the bar on your handset. It will take a couple of days, simples slight_smile

That's all it takes. No need for getting stressed and angry.

Message 7 of 7