cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a Galaxy S4 to upgrade from my current S2. This required that I order a micro sim card and transfer my number over to the new one.

After completing the process as far as I could tell it was working properly and I had a data connection, however I was unable to get online. I assumed something was up with network settings, so I searched for networks and selected O2 UK.

After trying this and every attempt since, I simply get the error that I am unable to connect and to try again later. I now have no service and haven't seen a data connection since... I don't know how something as simple as trying to reconnect to the O2-UK network would mess things up so terribly.

I tried the 2020 number in an effort to reset those setting files, but of course I have no service. I tried the sim swap service again in the hope of getting everything back to were they were initial but no joy there; it didn't send the files again (of course if I have no service...).

Restting the phone doesn't help, neither does removing the sim/battery a while. Messing with APN settings hasn't yeilded anything fruitful either.

I'd appreciate any advice on this matter, I was hoping to take my new phone out tomorrow for the first time but that looks unlikely at this rate.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Let us know how it goes slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok perhaps I was a bit too impatient, that initial connection I saw led me into a false sense that the transfer was already completed. I reset my original phone and saw no network, did the same for my new phone and I now have network. So I'm feeling rather embarrised now, as I was starting to think the sim was broken or something after hours of messing with it.

Thank you very much for your time and tolorating my nooby mistake Cat LOL

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It's not a problem - Sometimes it's expected (and is) instant but other times it takes a while wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad your sorted.

We're always happy to help.

Glad the reboot idea worked.
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
As you have found out, rebooting the phone only helps after the port has gone through, toggling airplane mode on/off does the same thing wink

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it's sorted slight_smile
Message 17 of 17