cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TuGo unreliable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, does anyone else have a problem with this App or is it just picking on me? I live in the sticks and mobile phone signals just do not exist out here so I have been using an O2 Boost Box for some years. Having changed employers that has now gone - apparently only available to business users but you can buy them on Ebay. So, I downloaded the TuGo app (a story of pain in itself) and thought all would be good. I have to say I find it cumbersom and hit or miss if it will work. The phone rings, I answer it, speak and then it is pure luck if the conversation lasts more than a few words. Have I misssed something?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5 Could the effectiveness of the OP's home WiFi signal have a bearing on how well the app works?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes it can, although you can get variability even using the same WiFi hotshot.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Assuming you are using TuGo on your home Wi-Fi, realistically if you live in the sticks you may want to check your broadband up and downstream speeds.

TuGo normally works well where we use it at work, however we have some remote users who are in the middle of nowhere who's internet speeds mean they get occasional drop-outs.  The more you have sending and recieving from computers, TV etc whilst you are making calls the bigger the likelihood of drop-outs.

It's worth a check. 🙂

Message 13 of 13