cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contacts etc... From iphone to z3

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been over two week since I received my z3, and joined O2 and I haven't transfered my stuff over. Mainly because I still hadn't yet ported my number so I was still mainly using my iPhone. My number from Orange/EE ports over tomorrow so I'll no longer have access to my iPhone (end of an era!)

To the point... I understand I can either transfer date via a wire from handset to handset or I can do it via a computer. Could someone please advise me on which is the easiest way (handset to handset or computer.) I won't be transferring photos and music yet because I haven't got a micro sd card yet, it'll just be contacts and messages for now.

Thanks
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Was gonna finish that off with
And we all go to the winchester for a pint and let this all blow over.

Then realised I might be the only one who gets that reference.
Message 21 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144330 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Alright Dave tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes yes, I know your reference Bouncy ... it was on in fact only the other week!

Well, the problem with doing it via a computer (I literally just tried this too), is that it prompts me to make a full back up of my iphone on my computer first which I don't actually have the space for (I've always just used iCloud to back everything up.) I do need to clear out my laptop and chuck everything on external storage 😕

I'm not in a major hurry to transfer texts, the contacts was the main thing.

I will be ordering a mini SD card tomorrow... Viridis... which SD card would you recommend. I see all sorts of brands, transfer speeds, ultra, none ultra etc... I'd be looking at either a 32gb card or 64gb.

Message 23 of 32

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
See
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and one more thing Viridis (I'm sorry, so many questions),

What's the best android counterpart for the icloud. I'm looking for something which will automatically daily backup my photos and contacts via wifi.

Sorry sorry sorry!!

Message 25 of 32

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fab. I'm getting that one too then!! Thanks again Viridis... you rock!!Drum

Message 27 of 32

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh and one more thing Viridis (I'm sorry, so many questions),

What's the best android counterpart for the icloud. I'm looking for something which will automatically daily backup my photos and contacts via wifi.

Sorry sorry sorry!!

Google will deal with contacts,

As long as it's selected in 

Settings/accounts/Google 

For pics I use the free 50gb (for life not timed) that comes free with Xperias from BOX.

Double that with Dropbox for really important stuff

All are automatic

Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks so much for your help! I'm going to order the SD card now and hopefully I'll receive it by Weds/Thurs. I'll let you know how I get on.

Message 29 of 32

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No problem,
Let us know how you get on.
Message 30 of 32