cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contacts etc... From iphone to z3

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been over two week since I received my z3, and joined O2 and I haven't transfered my stuff over. Mainly because I still hadn't yet ported my number so I was still mainly using my iPhone. My number from Orange/EE ports over tomorrow so I'll no longer have access to my iPhone (end of an era!)

To the point... I understand I can either transfer date via a wire from handset to handset or I can do it via a computer. Could someone please advise me on which is the easiest way (handset to handset or computer.) I won't be transferring photos and music yet because I haven't got a micro sd card yet, it'll just be contacts and messages for now.

Thanks
Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Easiest is direct to mobile.
Open up "xperia transfer mobile" and when prompted, select "apple ios" as your other device and when prompted, connect the provided usb otg cable to your phone and plug the usb end of your iPhone cable into that.
Select what you want to copy and sit back and wait the few seconds to a few minutes (depending what you copy)
Unplug when prompted.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you used gmail then all your contacts should be in that.

Key in your details and extract from gmail.
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

gmail contacts will sync automatically and I believe there is an app on the z3 that will pull in everything else.

@viridis is our man for the z3 so hopefully he can come along and offer some more advice for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, no actually I've never been a fan of gmail... I've tried using it a few times and I don't like the website interface. I recently worked for a company who went from outlook to Gmail for their company email so I was forced to use it and I still couldn't get along with it!!

On my iPhone I stuck to my hotmail account and created my icloud account just to use for Internet shopping orders, FaceTime, iMessage etc...

Yeah I've seen the app, I just wanted to know if it is as easy as it seems ... You know what it's like, they make it look so simple but really it's a ball ache!
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

I'm sure you'll get your head around this.
Message 6 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
viridis will sort you out once he logs on wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did find this about Hotmail Contacts http://www.iosappweekly.com/export-hotmail-contacts/
Message 8 of 32

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Easiest is direct to mobile.
Open up "xperia transfer mobile" and when prompted, select "apple ios" as your other device and when prompted, connect the provided usb otg cable to your phone and plug the usb end of your iPhone cable into that.
Select what you want to copy and sit back and wait the few seconds to a few minutes (depending what you copy)
Unplug when prompted.
Message 9 of 32

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Thanks for the heads up @MI5
Message 10 of 32