cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering APP data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

What's the best way to transfer APP data between two android phones. Upgraded from Galazy S2 to HTC One and it's the only thing i'm struggling to setup. I've looked at Wondershare Go and My Backup Pro but don't think either will do my job as the HTC isn't rooted and don't really have interest or clue how to do it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&feature=search_result#?t=W251b...

Try the above app, it backs up app data, no root required.

It means hooking your phone up to a PC but seems pretty simple

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
Exactly what "app data"? If games, copy the game folders from your old phone to PC then copy them back to the new phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&feature=search_result#?t=W251b...

Try the above app, it backs up app data, no root required.

It means hooking your phone up to a PC but seems pretty simple

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers MI5, I knew it would be something stupidly simple. Just got to find the exact folders now. It is mainly for game data but I was thinking if I used an app/program it would transfer any data that I might not have thought I still needed

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
All the data will be in the relevant app folder on the phones internal storage. Once copied to the new phone you reinstall the app and it will find the relevant folder for you automatically. Or try marty's suggestion above but I've never needed to use any apps.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Marty,

I've used Helium when I backed up data on my S2 and it was good. Trying it now using cloud as the storage place as I can't do a back up to SD card (as the HTC doesn't have an external slot).

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem,

Naughty HTC for not including sd slot (tut tut)

One of the reasons I have an S4

Hope it works ok anyhow

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't mind it not having the SD, but what helped in my decision not go for S4, as the other half has one and cracked the screen and camera lens after 2 weeks!!!!

Message 8 of 8