Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The time has come, do we make a change?

SallyMagpie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You have probably heard this a million times before, but, any help will be gratefully received. 

My sister upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini last novemberish. Since then her data has been stripped constantly, to the point that when she is out of the house ( and out of wifi range) she has to switch data off all together.

Obviously, for a smart phone this doesn't really give you the benefits of having the damn thing, because if you had it switched on in the house, you may aswell use the laptop/pc/tablet.

I have contacted O2 about this on numerous occasions and no one has been able to tell me anything about why this is happening. I just get the standard, well its your data, you must be using this.... But this is where the plot thickens, as it only happens DURING her drive to work. As soon as she leaves the house, if she leaves the data on the damn thing sucks it all out and she has used the lot. 

Add to this, my husband and I are due to renew our contracts on 5 December, and I am not going to stay if we can't get this issue sorted out. 

Can anyone give me any ideas about how to stop this, or at least find out what is sucking all the data out of her phone, I would be most pleased, and probably stay! ( I have been with you for about 15 years, so I am not a fickle creature of change)

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Amazes me why Facebook think autoplay of videos should be on by default.... But then again, most aspects of Facebook amaze me anyway 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm amazed by most things online nowadays Whistle

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Facebook to use her 1Gb allowance in a month, it would have to use roughly 33Mb a day (give or take). If it has used 88Mb in a week that still isn't gonna deplete her allowance. I'd say to keep an eye on it every day and see if something suddenly spikes her usage.

If she does sometimes use maps and the navigation option to get to different workplaces that could suddenly increase the usage on a certain day?

If those usage figures above remain consisitant there must be some rogue app in the background doing somthing, surely? Could a Task Manager app help? Might stop any unauthorised processes?

Message 23 of 26

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hiya guys, wanted to come back and give you an update. Well, things are GREAT.
Turne that cocking facebook thing off and she is using normal kinda data every day. You guys have solved something the blooming guru's couldn't do in month. Thanks peeps.
Message 24 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's good to hear that we were of assistance slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions