cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i send a long text message its turns into a MMS and my friends don't receive it.  Can anyone tell me why? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't send an MMS from android to iPhone or the other way (at least I've never done so), best to use whatsapp or some other messaging app which will also be free and have no limits on message size.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Do they have mms turned on?
It exceeds the sms character limit and becomes an mms.
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a look at this guide and as Viridis says your friends need to have MMS provisioned on their phones..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm not sure. Do they need too? This happens everytime and with different people.  They own iphones, maybe this has something to do with it.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I'm not sure. Do they need too? This happens everytime and with different people.  They own iphones, maybe this has something to do with it.

I would think it has got something to do with iphones and iMessage...

What sort of phone are you using @Anonymous Is it Android?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a great help but unfortunately i can't seem to find the message settings to do this but i'll get it sorted. slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes its a samsung s4

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

yes its a samsung s4

I have just been on the Android forums and many people having the same problem sending MMS from Android to iPhones. It is to do with iMessage and something to do with the 'file size' from samsung to iphones...

A suggestion was to use the Hangouts app...??

We have a samsung expert on the forum @MI5...he may have additional advice to give you later..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't send an MMS from android to iPhone or the other way (at least I've never done so), best to use whatsapp or some other messaging app which will also be free and have no limits on message size.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9