O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 2: Apprentice
oldbirkonian

Text Message annotated "Failed"

I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy GT-55830. Idiot Question! Sometimes after sending a text message (SMS) the word "Failed" (coloured red) is subsequently shown in the message thread entry. However if I open the filed message a sent time/date is given. As far as I know the recipient receives the text OK. Could someone kindly explain. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
Becky

Re: Text Message annotated "Failed"

Hi there,

That's strange :-/

Have you tried any checks so far such as resetting your network settings? Also when was the last time you changed your sim for a new one?

Becky

Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
oldbirkonian

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your reply. Reassuring it puzzles you too! I'm still receiving this red "Failed" message even though the message is being received OK (and I'm being charged!) Happens consistently when I text a friend who's on Vodaphone. Any significance?

I've had the SIM for some years (can't ever remember changing my number). The Samsung is my 3rd phone and I don't change it very often. My previous two were Motorola. As to fiddling with/resetting "settings" I wouldn't be sure what to do. I still can't MMS either (see my other message). I think I shall have to arrange to see an O2 Guru at the O2 shop - or buy a set of semaphore flags. Incidentally, the O2 shop assistant never mentioned I should replace the SIM when he installed it and transfered my contacts to the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Hey ho. Thanks again. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
Becky

You can book a Guru here: http://www.o2.co.uk/guru :-)

They'll be able to swap the sim in store for a new one and show you how to change the network settings on the phone manually.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help :-)

Becky

Please use plain text.