cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO GET MY MOBILE NUMBER TRANSFERRED BACK!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I returned an ipad air, after requesting an upgrade from my galaxy note 10 days ago.  I am not thick but took a friends word, I could make/receive calls on it.  Last night I found out I couldn't, hence the return this morning. Prior to that I had transferred my mobile number and my mobile was disconnected.  I have been tring all day to reach 'live chat' to request the number be returned to my mobile.  I am a stroke victim, cannot talk and housebound and my mobile is registered with 999 in an emergency.  At  the moment I am not covered if I'm on my own. Has anyone any suggestions?

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum Have a look at this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If you have any problems you need to contact customer services  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You could have tried Tugo on your iPad which would have allowed you to use your contract allowances, but you would of had to keep your contract running too.
Anyway, where did you transfer your number to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum Have a look at this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If you have any problems you need to contact customer services  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moved my number from my galaxy note mobile to ipad.  I just want it transferred back, as have had this number for 16 years

Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou I will

Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It will still be on the ipad sim so you just need to call o2 cs and ask them to move it to the next phone contract that I assume you will be buying?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The important thing here to note is that to get your number back you need an o2 sim (either a contract or PAYG). Once you have an o2 sim it's a simple call to cs but without a sim your number is in danger of getting lost.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

OP has said they have had a stroke and cannot speak, so they can't call customer service. They will need to try to get someone to call on their behalf.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou to all who have helped me.  Got through to customer services with the link you provided, after trying all day to get 'live chat'.

Message 9 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good to hear @Anonymous. I hope your problem is soon sorted and you get your number back...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 26