cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious number causing charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

apparently (tho there is no sign of number in logs on my phone) This number called me and Ive been charged over £25 in call charges.??? Anyone have any ideas what his is?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Same here 3 calls I did not make scooping £99.88 for 02 all ending in 08 and 09 numbers costing £33 per call on google it says they are scam numbers but who for or from all I can see they are a good earner for 02 as they charg the prices and should be flagged up really quickly after by 02. I did not make any calls to this number, they should stop any silly bill or calls

Phone these and complain

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/for-the-public/make-a-complaint

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Same here 3 calls I did not make scooping £99.88 for 02 all ending in 08 and 09 numbers costing £33 per call on google it says they are scam numbers but who for or from all I can see they are a good earner for 02 as they charg the prices and should be flagged up really quickly after by 02. I did not make any calls to this number, they should stop any silly bill or calls

Report then here and you should get your money back: http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have registered complaint with phonepay as well.
My issue with 02 is that I actually had all these numbers and site blocked by them and in my own phone settings (my 6 yr old loves playing games on my phone) so how did this still get past the blocks and restrictions,??
Message 23 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My issue with 02 is that I actually had all these numbers and site blocked by them and in my own phone settings (my 6 yr old loves playing games on my phone) so how did this still get past the blocks and restrictions,??

Not sure but O2 expect customers via MY O2 to opt out of marketing.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

At the end of the day is up to the regulators as well as the networks to get these bandits stopped and prosecuted. As soon as one loophole is blocked they invariably find other ways. Mobile Phone usage is such that it will always attract these sort of scams.

Phonepayplus, blocking these numbers and being aware is all the advice we can really offer. 

Message 25 of 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure but O2 expect customers via MY O2 to opt out of marketing.

Not a great idea to give a six year old a phone that's connected to the network to play games on. Might be a thought to give them an old phone without a sim card in it to play with, if that's the way you keep them distracted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
A six year old could easily click on an advert and give permission.
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly a six year old is more than adapt with using devices to connect to Internet these days they are using iPads every day in school and most of their education is based around the use of the internet that being said as I mentioned in a previous post my phone was set up to block all of this unwanted content and was always disconnected from all networks before my daughter got it. It is not a tool to distract my daughter in anyway shape or form the games she plays on it are ones that are suggested and supplied by her teacher/school to help with grasping various things she is learning in school and has homework on. Actually very useful when teaching young children about money and telling time ect
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
A six year old would indeed have no problems doing this and a lot more advanced tasks these days. But not in this case at 04.30 on a school night. When she had no access to the phone even if she had been awake.
Message 29 of 29