Did you mean: 

Sum swap

andypg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi All

I'm trying to get my sons contract sim moved from an galaxy S3. Eventually after an hour on chat o2 have sent me a sim for the iPhone. However the sim they have sent is a pay as you go one. Will I be able to do the sim swap and get his contract number moved to that sim (keeping thr contract etc)

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If your son is on contract he needs a contract sim. Unless you looking to change from contract to payg? Either way they are different. Iphone sims are nano sims....To be honest it would be far quicker to pop instore and get ths sorted there. They can do the swap for you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If your son is on contract he needs a contract sim. Unless you looking to change from contract to payg? Either way they are different. Iphone sims are nano sims....To be honest it would be far quicker to pop instore and get ths sorted there. They can do the swap for you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Account settings such as the message centre number for texts are read from the Sim card. Using a P&G sim will give the wrong settings and rent messaging won't work.

As said, pop instore and they will sort it out for you.

Very easy, stress free and quick.

Message 3 of 3