cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify problems on Samsung Galaxy A3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I recently bought the new Samsung Galaxy A3 16GB, installed Spotify on my device but it doesn't work with out a storage SD card and it keeps saying how there's not enough space. Anyone else having the same problem?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, I recently bought the new Samsung Galaxy A3 16GB, installed Spotify on my device but it doesn't work with out a storage SD card and it keeps saying how there's not enough space. Anyone else having the same problem?

Not sure if this has changed in recent versions or not, but I've seen Spotify working on phones that only have their internal memory.

Try going in to the application manager within your phone's settings and clearing the app data for Spotify, then turning the phone off and on, to see if that makes it work.

On the other hand, why not buy a small SD card?  16 Gb internal memory is not a lot these days if you want to carry a lot of music and photos around with you Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There is some suggestion here that this may be a Lollipop issue https://community.spotify.com/
It could be a case of waiting for an update for the app, having said that, I haven't any problem running it on my S3 on Lollipop so I would just check that you don't have "offline mode" enabled in settings as that is the only reason that it would want to save data to the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3