cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony xperia z won't turn on

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had an issue weith my xperia z but since updating the software, last week, it's been annoying me.

Then last night, I was out and battery fully drained.  I get home, plug it into the charger and nothing happens.  30 odd mins later, i try switching it on and it won't turn on but instead the red LED flashes 3 times.

It's been on charge for 8hrs now and it still does the same thing.

Really annoyed 😞

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery on Xperia Z is NON removable.

Try the reset & if that doesnt work get in touch with SONY directly yourself & send it of to them for warranty repair, whatever you do DON'T use the O2 repair service! ! !

This phone has a 24 month manufacturers warranty.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry your having issues.

Try removing the battery for a few minutes and trying again.

You could try a factory reset.

Hold down the home, volume up key and the on button until you get the splash screen and then release.

If remedies like this fail then seek redress via 02 Repair Service or with Sony directly.

Message 2 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi berkshirelass.

Hold down your volume +, volume - and press the power key, keep all three pressed, the device will vibrate once, then again 3 times, after this release all buttons and the phone should power itself back on.

If this fails to work, it has indeed developed a fault.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Battery on Xperia Z is NON removable.

Try the reset & if that doesnt work get in touch with SONY directly yourself & send it of to them for warranty repair, whatever you do DON'T use the O2 repair service! ! !

This phone has a 24 month manufacturers warranty.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops, my apologies I didnt pick up it's battery was NON removable wink

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, tried all that and still nothing 😕

I have full insurance, will call up today, will most likely get a replacement.  My samsung galaxy, smashed it's screen, O2 sent out a replacement the next day.

This software upgrade has been a ****

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you have 02 Insurance.

Let us know how they deal with the repair as many here actively advise not to use them.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
they wsere fine last time, i'm hoping they will replace, rather than repair but will do x
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If O2 say it has to be repaired make sure YOU send it to SONY directly yourself, DON'T let O2 anywhere near your phone!

Sony warranty back up & repairs is first class, O2's repair service your better of banging your head against a brick wall.

Message 9 of 9