cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia = a general question

Anonymous
Not applicable

a friend of mine has just upgraded to Sony Xperia (Experia?) 

he doesn't know where to start - the guy in the Three shop in Keighley did something which would transfer contacts to his new phone = but no, or it could just be my friend 'can't see'

he feels he has to use the paper instructions manual with miniscule print in 'Swahili' wink to begin to use the phone

I've advised him to go back to the Three shop in Keighley or say use cpw shop in town

he never really got to grips with his previous phone = Galaxy6

but did take good photos with it likewise the Xperia

I have noticed a help guide at the top right hand corner of the android page

is it possible for someone not on O2 to come on the community & use that help guide ..... or does Three have something similar itself 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  please don't ever change LOL

I have just read your last two posts on here and am cracking up at "Eh-up-ow-do" (the name you appear to have given your friend)

Its a pity he doesn't join the forum....he would have a ready made user name...

Spit take..... Bouncy

PS...and I have kudoed you because you gave me the best laugh of the day....LOL

thank you @Cleoriff for the kudos & pleased I made you laugh slight_smile

@viridis I've given the instructions you posted above to Eh-up-ow-do & he is very grateful Thanks!

Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis is it possible to do a factory re-set on this phone without going to the nearest 3 shop in Keighley? My friend Eh-up-ow-do is reluctant to go to the shop & 'talk' with the man who sold him the phone as he fears he will loose his temper pdq ..... my friend is paying £60 per month & is quite frightened of pressing buttons to run up a bill ..... this, from someone who's livelihood was in 'technology' many years ago ..... I'm trying very hard to get Eh-up-ow-do to come & visit me in my workroom & join the community ..... maybe if I ply him with John Smith's bitter it would help LOL ps: he lost his contacts list when 3 man sold him the phone ie change in size of sim? 

Message 22 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
As viridis isn't here I can answer that.
Just go into the settings menu and then "back up and reset" but everything will be wiped off the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Eh-up-ow-do....???? Again....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yes, as @MI5 said is the correct procedure. @Anonymous
Message 25 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As viridis isn't here I can answer that.
Just go into the settings menu and then "back up and reset" but everything will be wiped off the phone.

thank you for that MI5 ..... I know the chap has photos on the phone - he likes that part of the Xperia very much ..... I will let him know the next time I see him Thanks!

Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Eh-up-ow-do....???? Again....Happy Dance

aye Cougar Gal ..... my drinking buddy Eh-Up-Ow-Do ..... I really do feel sorry for him LOL

Message 27 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Yes, as @MI5 said is the correct procedure. @Anonymous

thank you viridis Thanks!

Message 28 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again ..... Eh-Up-Ow-Do's secrectary here (the pay's not up to much btw) LOL

serious now ..... is it possible to get a paper bill / statement from Three (his internet service provider & mobile, he has a dongle) ..... = ..... I'm just thinking out loud so-to-speak, that this £60 per month seems a lot to me for internet / phone ..... he is so frightened of accessing the web now, on his mobile electronic devices, because he sees it as 'running up a bill' ..... so would it be possible if he writes to Three, for this breakdown of what money goes where to be received ..... thank you Thanks!

Message 29 of 38

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
He will need to set up an online log in but otherwise, yes.
All details here http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=subcat,varset...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 38