cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia = a general question

Anonymous
Not applicable

a friend of mine has just upgraded to Sony Xperia (Experia?) 

he doesn't know where to start - the guy in the Three shop in Keighley did something which would transfer contacts to his new phone = but no, or it could just be my friend 'can't see'

he feels he has to use the paper instructions manual with miniscule print in 'Swahili' wink to begin to use the phone

I've advised him to go back to the Three shop in Keighley or say use cpw shop in town

he never really got to grips with his previous phone = Galaxy6

but did take good photos with it likewise the Xperia

I have noticed a help guide at the top right hand corner of the android page

is it possible for someone not on O2 to come on the community & use that help guide ..... or does Three have something similar itself 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi Jane. Anyone can come on here...though it may be quicker to ask @MI5 or @viridis  for help as they both have had Experia phones (Viridis still has his..:smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 38

MI5
  • 144344 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Anyone can join here even without an O2 account slight_smile
The Xperia's are just "Android" phones so there is plenty of support both here and on Google.
Tell your friend to come and join us slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 38

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

We will be glad to help, it doesn't matter about the network as basic usage is the same.

Message 4 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As he said^
It's a learning curve and it seems your friend could do with coming here and letting the experienced members give a bit of time where needed.
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all above for your advice

I'll encourage my friend to join the community slight_smile

Message 6 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell him to bring biscuits! Crazy

Message 7 of 38

MI5
  • 144344 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
and Beer wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 38

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Mmmm !........chocolate Hobnobs and 6X Thoughful

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah well, I tried ..... but ..... my drinking buddy says no ..... = ..... stubborn proud Yorkshireman that he is Smiley Mad

I know he has a lot on atm, & I'm doing my best to help ..... but ..... I don't understand men that is the truth slight_frown

did someone mention biscuits Bouncy my drinking buddy has 3 biscuit tins in his house = top of the range stainless steel, as big as cake storage tins slight_smile (1) for wrapped chocolate ones (2) for 'normal' chocolate ones & (3) for other ones ..... stored on a high shelf ..... I can't reach them LOL

he wou'd have broughts lots of John Smiths bitter if he'd have joined the O2 community

ah well, not to be *sighs* it would have been fun I promise you :womanhappy:

Message 10 of 38