cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z1 just died!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only had this phone for 6 days and was in the middle of sending a text when the screen just went blank. I'm now unable to restart the phone and if i try a charge there is also no response.

Has anyone else had this?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's back!

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sony-apologises-for-xperia-z-sudden-death-glitch-50010732/

You can probably sort it yourself BUT only if you are comfortable flashing FTF files via Flashtool?

If not you could try and run the repair option fro the Sony Software on your computer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the battery very low?

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it still had more than 50% left.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Personally I'd be on to O2 for a replacement phone asap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's back!

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sony-apologises-for-xperia-z-sudden-death-glitch-50010732/

You can probably sort it yourself BUT only if you are comfortable flashing FTF files via Flashtool?

If not you could try and run the repair option fro the Sony Software on your computer.

Message 5 of 14

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

damn! unlucky! yea get on the blower to o2 for a new handset.

Mine went blank a couple of times but came back after a couple of minutes

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine did too, I was told by O2 tech support connect usb cable to phone & power supply on then hold upper volume button & ON button at the same time for 10 seconds and see if it works mine needed two attempts if not call O2 for a replacement handset

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has just happened to my new Xperia Z1 10 minutes ago!!

I was browsing through some of my photographs and the phone just died. I couldn't bring it back to life so, in a panic, searched and found this page. I followed the link on here and tried the volume up and power button at the same time. It took a couple of attempts but it has brought the device back to life! What the hell was that about? I wonder if all Z1's suffer from this issue or if its just some of them?

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a bit worrying but hopefully it's not affecting all handsets. If it happens again maybe a full factory reset after backing up. Should you get the problem again then send the phone back to the manufacturer.

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

my z1 has just done exactly the same having trouble trying to get it to come back 

Message 10 of 14