cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z1 Wifi troubles (v. 14.4.A.0.157)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I received a notification telling me that my Z1 had an update ready (this came as a surprise, considering I though Sony had dropped updates for this particular model), needless to say I updated my phone there and then, although I did do a little bit of research into the update to see what it included. (Hint: Not much.)

Since the update I've been have consistent trouble with my Wifi connection:

1. Wifi turns off when the screen is off, despite my Wifi settings being set otherwise (i.e. Wifi always on).
  2. Wifi shuts down randomly when connected - often at night, so I don't catch it - and subsequently drains my Data.

I can't tell if there are other issues as yet, since this is the only one I have noticed thus far. These problems started the moment I updated, and none of my other app settings (such as Juice Defender Plus) have changed, so I see no reason why they would be a contributory factor.

Has anybody else been having similar issues at all?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear. 😄

Thanks for updating.
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Logical as power save apps always play up for me.....
Hope it's a permanent fix for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
After android 4.0 most of these "power save" apps cause more trouble than they're worth Imo.
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
After android 4.0 most of these "power save" apps cause more trouble than they're worth Imo.

Can't argue with that statement at all mate......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14