Sony Xperia T – Jellybean 4.1 update *Released*

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Good news!

The Jellybean update for Sony Xperia T is commencing from today onwards for O2 customers slight_smile

How do you get it? You'll get a notification on your device about the new software update which you can choose to install by going to Menu > Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now.

As the update has just been rolled out, you may not get this notification straight away (don't panic!) as you'll get a notification over the next few days. 

What does this update do?

• Google Now:  Google Now brings you just the right information at just the right time. Cards appear throughout the day at the moment you need them, and appear as a notification when they're important. 

• Android Beam: Android Beam is a popular NFC-based technology that lets users instantly share, just by touching two NFC-enabled phones together.

Let us know how get on and share your experiences!

Thanks, Abs

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abs

I've been checking every couple of hours since I read your post but there's still no sign of it. What governs when each customer gets their update?

Cheers                Tom

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi. I installed it on Friday by using a usb cable and Sony pc companion. it all looks good upto now but I don't think google now is working perfectly?
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you install it via usb out of choice or wasn't it available ota?

Cheers                 Tom

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi soup. I looked on sony site after it was mentioned on gsm arena and that said it was only available via the pc companion not ota at the moment.
it offers nice new icons, the option of adding or taking away Home screens and a ' butter ' like fast response. I also think it's helping the battery life too.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, so a bit more patience on my part is required then.....

I was out for a few beers with a mate on Sat and while in the pub we updated his s3 to 4.1.2. He seems impressed so far 🙂

Cheers                 Tom

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
nice phone that! the t is just the right size for me and works very well for me.
is the pc way not viable to you soup as don't know how long you'll have to wait?
cheers
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the cable just a std micro usb to usb?

Might be a silly question but do Sony have the o2 version or the generic one for unbranded handsets?

Cheers                Tom

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used a kindle cable so any like that I suppose?
now for your second question I've not got a clue!
it's 4.1.2 but don't know if the kernel is different? can any regulars explain please? it downloaded so must be compatible.
cheers tb
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be a silly question with this being an o2 forum but does your phone actually have o2's branded software on it?

I could use the charging cable thatcame with the phone I suppose 🙂

Cheers             Tom

Message 10 of 17