Sim swap and no more 4G

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit stumped with this one:

Was using my sim free S7 edge with an O2 contract that was coming to the end and the phone was working fine, with 4G.

Took out a new sim only 12 months contract, 4G ready. Asked CS to swap my old number to this new sim and they told me, from the minute I noticed the loss of signal, to swap the sim cards with the new one. Done all that and noticed that from the start, I would only get the H+ (No 4G). Waited 24 hours and yesterday decided to visit an O2 shop and explained that ever since inserting this new sim, have not seen the 4G indicator since, despite checking all settings on the phone that are correct. They also had a look at the phone settings and confirmed the are correct, so decided to give me another sim card. Inserted it and the problem is still here. All I get is H+, knowing that I am in a 4G area.

Has anyone here experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grilo67

jgrilo
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It certainly cant hurt to raise it with them! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 43

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good morning,

As promised yesterday, here I am reporting that upon switching the phone on, it has just picked up 4g.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

JG

jgrilo
Message 22 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Good news indeed and thanks for updating us. Hope you will now be trouble-free Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 43

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 43

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Fantastic @Grilo glad you have it sorted! Thanks for letting us know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 43

Kauface
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad yours has worked, I've had exactly the same issue, no 4G, phone up only to be told I'm on a Blackberry tariff for some reason.

Phoned up Monday and they said oh it might be works in your area

Phoned up Tuesday (after finding this thread) and they said oh yes you're on the wrong tariff we'll change it

Phoned up today (Wednesday) after no change to discover that I was still on a blackberry tariff, got told they will change it. 

So who knows if they will actually change it this time? Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow... again

Message 26 of 43

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

BB bolt on. Why is this the default when even the latest BBs  don't need it. Shame on you O2. Advisers really need to be aware of this. I could train a Thai monkey easier!!

Message 27 of 43

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It must hark back to the days when BB was what O2 did best.
Surely it can't be difficult for advisers to tick the right damn box when setting an account up - either that or the option is buried deep in the recess of the system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 43

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Wrong network for that then.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 43