Sim swap and no more 4G

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit stumped with this one:

Was using my sim free S7 edge with an O2 contract that was coming to the end and the phone was working fine, with 4G.

Took out a new sim only 12 months contract, 4G ready. Asked CS to swap my old number to this new sim and they told me, from the minute I noticed the loss of signal, to swap the sim cards with the new one. Done all that and noticed that from the start, I would only get the H+ (No 4G). Waited 24 hours and yesterday decided to visit an O2 shop and explained that ever since inserting this new sim, have not seen the 4G indicator since, despite checking all settings on the phone that are correct. They also had a look at the phone settings and confirmed the are correct, so decided to give me another sim card. Inserted it and the problem is still here. All I get is H+, knowing that I am in a 4G area.

Has anyone here experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grilo67

jgrilo
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We have had so many people with this same issue it seems ridiculous...even to me...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 43

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I will raise this with the rest of the O2 team but just to clarify the issue the correct sims are being sent but 4G and various boltons are not activated on the sim following the sim swap process? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 43

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey guys, 

I will raise this with the rest of the O2 team but just to clarify the issue the correct sims are being sent but 4G and various boltons are not activated on the sim following the sim swap process? 

Correct.

4g is being missed completely and the BB bolt on is applied by default because the correct checkbox isn't ticked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks. This happened to me on an android phone tariff upgrade, and am sure I ticked the smart phone box? Anyway rang c s and asked if it was 4g provisioned and it was on the blackberry tariff by mistake. Got a apology and 4g was active in the morning so all worked out in the end.
Message 14 of 43

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It doesn't appear to make any difference what the customer selects when ordering.
It's a lack of attention to detail by the o2 employee setting up the account on the system
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may be right there.
Must be wasting a lot of time and money if the 20 GB is popular
Message 16 of 43

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK guys thanks for the clarification. I'll raise this with the O2 team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 43

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

OK guys thanks for the clarification. I'll raise this with the O2 team. 

......and that will help @Martin-O2....I'm very sceptical. This has been happening for 12-18 months.

Message 18 of 43

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Better than saying nothing, I guess.......?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 43

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 20 of 43