Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card help plus Toby's help.

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Last night i spoke to Kailashsingh on 02 chat and would like Toby to send my thanks he did what 02 customer services said wasn't possible Drum

Secondly i would like varifying that i dont need to insert my new sim when it arrives to do the following :

You'll get a new 4G sim for free within 1-3 working days, you need to send a text SWAP to 20220. It's a replacement sim for the same number.
Your mobile number, bill date and payment date will remain the same. Your new tariff will get active within 24 hours and your next bill will be on pro rata.
You will have a 14 days cooling off period on the new deal.

I have already had a text saying that 02 have completed my tariff change. My phone is working correctly with old sim in slight_smile

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You only need the new sim if you are changing phones and require a different sized sim card.
O2 send them out as a matter of course - just keep it as a spare in case anything happens to yours.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You only need the new sim if you are changing phones and require a different sized sim card.
O2 send them out as a matter of course - just keep it as a spare in case anything happens to yours.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Thank you i am still keeping my S5 mini .

I will keep new sim safe and not use it. Thank you slight_smile

Message 3 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Poppysmum,

Grear to hear slight_smile

Please send me a PM about this and I can gather the right details from you to pass on your kind words.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum,

Grear to hear slight_smile

Please send me a PM about this and I can gather the right details from you to pass on your kind words.

Hi @Toby PM duly sent slight_smile

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Exactly what I did on January 13th @Poppysmum. My tariff was due to end. I chose my new one and rang CS... all done in less than 10 minutes. (and I was in Spain) I didn't need the new sim they sent to my UK address as I kept the same phone and was already on a 4G tariff. Pleased it went well for you. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Pleased for you too Den slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Exactly what I did on January 13th @Poppysmum. My tariff was due to end. I chose my new one and rang CS... all done in less than 10 minutes. (and I was in Spain) I didn't need the new sim they sent to my UK address as I kept the same phone and was already on a 4G tariff. Pleased it went well for you. wink

Thank you slight_smile

Are you still Happy Dance and singing  ? wink

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yep still singing.....(if you are talking about the CD?) Brilliant. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Poppysmum