cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This seriously sounds network based and not faulty hardware.
If you can browse using mobile data I doubt it's the phone.
Before sending it to sony, I'd try a sim swap first.
And I'd also be calling o2 again as they didn't give a callback and I take it, didn't remove and reprovision MMS.
Message 41 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144345 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I agree, nowt wrong with phone.
Did you call cs as instructed or just use live chat to have mms reprovisioned?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called o2 and spoke to an adviser who said they would do a reprovision which would take up to 24 hrs before I would know if it worked, didn't use the phone at all in that time ( landline bill will be a biggy next time ) and still didn't work.

I can send text mms, post on Face Book, make and receive calls I can do it all except send picture texts....

I've had more help from Sony than I got from o2.

Message 43 of 124

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I've just got a big feeling it's gonna come back from Sony with "no fault found"
Gonna re read from the start and see if there's anything else you can try.
Message 44 of 124

MI5
  • 144345 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone since then and reapplied the O2 apn's?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 124

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You say there are other phones in the house, if one is o2 use the sim from that phone in your phone and try to send an mms, if it works, the problem is not the phone so I'd suggest trying the following :

Remove sim clean with soft cloth and put back in.

Go to settings, in the first section go to "more" then mobile networks. Then click access point names. Press on the name of each entry and when they open press the three dots in the top right hand corner. Select delete APN for each one. Then go to settings, and in first section select "more" then select Internet settings.
This will download the data and mms profile to your phone.

Get a new sim (could be this, sim could be corrupted and needs replacing) and perform a sim swap.
Message 46 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

The other phones dont take micro sim cards....

I have posted my phone to Sony so now we wait and see what happens..... I already feel like I'm missing a body part......

Message 47 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning my phone arrived back from Sony....... The paperwork tells me the repair has been resolved....

No it hasn't, still not sending picture messages... Another phone call to Sony who suggest I get a new SIM card, another phone call to o2 who are sending me a new SIM card....   Watching this space again........

Message 48 of 124

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As we said would happen,
Sony test with their own sims and can send pictures.
Your account needs reprovisioning for mms and will take 24 hours to complete.

Every part of this points to an O2 issue with your account.
Message 49 of 124

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I doubt very much is a sim card issue. It has to be a system issue or a settings problem. Have you had the mms provisioning removed and applied again by customer service? It takes 24 hours but it's important that the adviser understands exactly what needs to be done.

Message 50 of 124