cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Did you go to an O2 store? Let us know if you find a solution as it may help others searching for similar issues....

Message 31 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I contact o2 yesterday and via "live chat" explain what the problem is, after going through the have you done this, and having emails with resetting instructions (the same instructions I was given on here) sent the chap I "spoke" to siad he would re-provison my phone and this would take up to 24 hours.

27 hours later and I still can't send picture mms....... 

Next stop is the o2 store......

Message 32 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you turned phone off and back on again since this was done?
In reality you should have called CS to get MMS reprovisioned as there is no guarantee it has been done correctly.
I do think this is an account issue and as such the store won't be able to do anything that you can't do over the phone yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 124

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I'm aware live chat do not have access to the systems for removing mms and reprovisioning it. Call customer service.

Message 34 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now spoken to a "real" person at o2, explain everything again, get sent details on how to change settings, said I'd already done this (twice) but they still insist I go through it again, now waiting for a call back........

Message 35 of 124

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When you get the callback (if you do) insist that you have been advised that CS remove MMS and reprovision it.
However, you may have to call them back yourself to do this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now turned the phone off and back on, rechecked all the settings and successfully sent a picture mms..... an hour later I go to send another picture to the same number and it wont send... back to the begining......

And no I did'nt get a call back either !

Message 37 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear you haven't been able to solve this issue. Do you have any updates? Have you call back CS ?
Message 38 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

So.... No I didn't get a call back, so I rang them again, this time I was put through to Sony customer services who didn't know what was wrong and suggested the best thing to do was to do a Back up & Restore....( they are going to give me a call back to see if it's working.... NOT ) This I spend most of the afternoon doing.... only it won't do the restore bit !

I've lost most of my phone numbers but have now got all my Face Book friends contacts instead....

So not sure now what to do, oh and no I still can't send pictures.....

Message 39 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Saturday I rang Sony customer services who instucted ne to do a sofware repair this I have now done and no it hasn't sorted it out, BUT I did get a call back today as promised. I'm know awaiting insturctions on where to send my phone so and it can be repaired.....

Keep watching this space......

Message 40 of 124