cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s3 signal?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have  only just upgraded to a samsung galaxy s3 and i so wish i never and kept my blackberry....I had lots of people telling me they are the best phones etc...Well im not happy with it at the minute..Can any one who has one tell me about the signal on them are they very poor signal? or is it just my house as i can not get a signal and it says emergency calls ok and it really getting on my nerves now..help any one please.??? thnx.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same headache with my s3 sim changed no better I want to know the wife is on Tesco O2 granddaughter is on Giffgaff O2
same location yet my Mini 3 O2 is no signal and if I put my sim into a HTC phone unlocked I get a small signal and can be used all I get from O2 is your in a good signal location ? Yet in our house Samsung mini 3 is not one star
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Send the phone in for repair if you feel it's faulty....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too 😞

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have taken up a 24 month contract with 02. I'm usually not one to complain, however I'm totally stuck and don't know what to do about it. My Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini which I bought in the summer has never worked right. 

I contacted 02 chat the same week when I started not being able to receive calls or send texts, they advised to change a setting, and restart my handset- worked for about a day.

Then I took it into the 02 shop in my town, they advised they had no sim cards left but I needed a sim swap - travelled to the next town and tried the sim swap which worked ok for another while...

Came in again and they tried sending my phone away it came back a week after and worked for another while..

It's now Middle of November, and the people in my 02 shop are telling me I have Signal issues where I live which is definately not the case as I have lived here all my life and never have issues. I'm paying a lot of money for a phone that doesn't work and feel like I am stuck on this contract paying for a so called "phone" that cannot "phone" or be "phoned" please helpppp me.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and the people in my 02 shop are telling me I have Signal issues where I live which is definately not the case as I have lived here all my life and never have issues.

If there is a problem with a mast in your area, or if they doing any kind of 4G roll-out infrastructure work etc etc that will have an impact on your reception. The length of time you've lived there isn't a factor.

You can check mast status at www.status.o2.co.uk/

Message 15 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you feel you are getting nowhere with cs you can always raise a complaint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I checked the signal through that link, and it shows fine so I might have to put in a compaint.

Message 17 of 17