cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy ace 2 HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung galaxy ace 2 has erased all my photo's from my sd card. There were hundreds! I've got most backed up but it's lost around 50-100 recent ones from last few days. Annoyed now!

How do I get them back. Don't trust this damn phone now it's done this twice. I'm on a simplicity contract. What should I do? 

Anyone else had this problem?! Surely I'm not the only one?!

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/SWUP/JSP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Try this to see what files it can find:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried that but it doesn't recognise my phone as a drive on my computer when I've got it plugged in via USB cable.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions
It's not the phone that's erasing the photos it's the SD card that's gone/going faulty. It is just as important to back up your SD card as it is to back up your phone !! You can set your phone to automatically back up photos to either your Google account or something like Dropbox which will ensure you never loose anything again and they are accessible from any phone or PC anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've tried that but it doesn't recognise my phone as a drive on my computer when I've got it plugged in via USB cable.

You need to install Kies to get the phone drivers or take out the SD card and put it in a card reader.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know but I wasunable to back them up over the last few days - no access to pc. But whatto I do to get them back?!

Really had some great shots. 

Think I'm jusgoing to have to use the camera from now on and leave the phone. 

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I install kies from then? I tout I'd already done that.
Argh!!?, I hate technology!! Bring back the pigeon! Lol

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/SWUP/JSP

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks will give this a go.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions
Let us know how you get on. Can't guarantee you'll get photos back but we can set up your phone to back up photos in future....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17