cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 not charging or recognising the Samsung charger

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

My phone has over the last 12hours stopped charging and was on and off charging, I got 50% out of it and had to keep an eye on it. Now it has completely stopped charging and sometimes a message comes up showing: High speed USB charger unable to connect. When I take out the charger it will show: USB connector unplugged.

Can anybody shed some light on why this might be happening? I haven't dropped my phone or damaged it so I can't think of why it might be not functioning properly.

I have also tried to take the battery out and turn the phone off and on but nothing changes.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
U should try a different charger or USB cable check if that works
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the suggestion from @Anonymous fails to resolve the issue then it is possible that the pins are damaged.

Is the phone still under warranty?
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

The release date for the S4 was I believe around April of last year so with a 2 year warranty the OP will be ok.

You could also try cleaning the charger port with a soft dry toothbrush to make sure the contacts are clean.

Also check the battery for bulging. Place on a flat surface and spin it, if it spins freely it points to a well known defect with the battery. If there is a problem, we recemmend dealing directly with Samsung for a better customer experience. O2 repairers don't have the best of reputations on here.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It will definately be either a damaged/dirty charge port or bulging battery.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you due check the battery as it's a very common fault I had it on my s4 I would put my money on a bulging battery
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I did take the battery out to check for bulging however it was flat and didnt spin freely. I will clean the port to see if any changes.

Weirdly though, last night while my phone was off and had run out of battery I decided to put it on charge and see if anything happens. When I put the charger in the battery symbol came up but with a white circle and vibrated on and off.

This morning when I turned the phone on it had full battery. Yet when I try to charge it whilst on it still wont accept the charger. So can this still be a fault with the port?
Message 7 of 7