cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3 WiFi issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi im having terrible trouble keeping a connection to wifi on my Note 3.The connection is just so unstable,no other device in my house had this problem,and yes i have tried switching all other devices off as well,but it makes no diffetence,HELP
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Well if the settings are ok and you have reset your network settings within the Note 3, performed a soft / hard reset , and your router is ok ,then maybe it's time to have a diagnostic run On the Note 3.

Via the manufacturer(recommended), or o2 repairs.

http://m.samsung.com/uk/support/

Have you tried connecting to a friends router.
Message 2 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lots of things you can try first, eg a different wifi channel, different security encryption, different wifi access points.... is yours a BT Hub by any chance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im also having the same issue every other device can connect to the wifi apart from the note 3. 

Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with my Note 2. Looking at other message boards, the problem is with Samsung devices (S3 also affected). They know about it but haven't done anything about it. Some people have fixed the problem by changing their authentication settings in their router to one of the lower security settings.
Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Perhaps we could share what we're using and what's happening...

GS2 (4.1.2 XWLSW) and GN3 (4.3 XXUBMI7)... never had any wi-fi issues... router setup with WPA (non-broadcast SSID).

Jonty.

Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't know if this is of any value to the original poster or others who are experiencing problems but yesterday my GN3 seemed to just forget the wifi connections which were saved.  Sat at home yesterday and I noticed wifi had just gone but easily re-added.  Thought it was something I'd done by mistake but today at work and the same thing, gone.  But again just re-added with no bother.  Rather odd but not an issue (yet!)

Jonty.

Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is  a well known issue and there has been no solution yet from Samsung.  I will be returning my Note 3 on Friday if they're is no fix by then. 

Message 8 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Strange, as no one has had more Samsung's than me and I've never had a problem....
I think it's more down to security settings and wifi channel personally.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is  a well known issue and there has been no solution yet from Samsung.  I will be returning my Note 3 on Friday if they're is no fix by then. 

Hi,

What type of security do you use and is your SSID hidden..?  Tried changing channel to see if it helps..?  Although you shouldn't have to change settings if other devices are working fine perhaps it could be a quick fix.  Samsung have also pushed out patches 3 and 4 now (taking the software version to UBMJ3) which are for stability improvements.  If your GN3 is unlocked then make sure you update (if branded to O2 then you'll have to wait if you keep the device beyond Friday).

Jonty.

Message 10 of 27