cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s2

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung Galaxy S2 has now been replaced with an Iphone,

I would like to get the Samsung Galaxy S2 unlocked ,so it can be used on a pay as you go contract with maybe another service provider , as i have a spare sim card , and to use as a back up phone ,

Can you please advise.many thanks John  Young.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you do have an error when you put the IMEI into that form then get a SIM adapter kit from an O2 shop (they are free) and put your SIM back in the S2 and make a call. It should then go through fine slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you still in contract with O2 on your Galaxy? If so you can request a code online. One of the regulars will send you the link on here shortly.

If not you will need to put a pay aim in, top up with £20, make a couple of calls to latch the imei then request the code at a cost of £15
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just follow the process here and fill in the online form. Use your current contract number as it was used in the S2 so the unlock will be free. O2 will email the unlock code to you.

Unlock An O2 Mobile

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 contract is now on the I phone and I am using the same number,
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It doesn't matter, use the same number as it is already associated with the IMEI of the S2 which you need to put on the form. Don't worry they will unlock it using your current mobile number.

Message 5 of 6

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you do have an error when you put the IMEI into that form then get a SIM adapter kit from an O2 shop (they are free) and put your SIM back in the S2 and make a call. It should then go through fine slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 6