O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Polgara

Samsung Galaxy s2 battery not charging

My Samsung Galaxy s2 won't charge. I've tried the wall charger and the USB charger. It was fine yesterday and and I haven't done anything different with it. If I switch it off and on again it then looks as though is it's charging (the charging symbol appears on the battery icon) but it doesn't actually charge. I've tried removing the battery. My PC doesn't pick it up when I plug it in via USB. Please help!  

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 265
Solutions: 3,102

Re: Samsung Galaxy s2 battery not charging

[ Edited ]

Try charging it with the phone turned off. Leave it plugged in to a wall charger and see what happens (might need to leave it for a while), are you running any battery saving apps, Juice defender or similar? These can prevent the phone from charging sometimes.....

Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
Polgara

It won't stay switched off. I power it off and it just comes back on automatically. I managed to get it charged after restarting it a few times, however when I plug it into the PC it just keeps connectinng and disconnecting. It also keeps turning on "car mode". The whole things just gone haywire!

Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 223
Solutions: 2,009

If you can't get an answer on here (and it isn't something I have experience of) it may help if you book an appointment at your local O2 store to see if they can advise you. Is the phone still under warranty? It could just hbe the battery that's at fault.

http://www.o2.co.uk/guru

Please use plain text.
dave5749

Im having the same problem just started happening today iv only had it for a month can anyone help please

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 265
Solutions: 3,102

The first thing to try is another battery. If still having the same issue the next step is a factory reset from recovery mode (ask if you don't know how to get into recovery mode). This will delete everything off the phone except the contents of the DCIM folder (Photos, videos taken with the phone). If it is corrupt firmware or a dodgy app this will sort it. After that its back to Samsung for repair as it's likely to be a hardware fault....
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
dave5749

OK thank for you help
Please use plain text.