cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 "Micro Updates"

Anonymous
Not applicable

As alot of you know there are going to be Micro Updates (firmware updates) to the galaxy S6 in the coming months - the first one is to sort out the RAM management - 2nd one is an update with fingerprint and other improvements. Let us know in the comments if you know any other news or info regarding these.

Message 1 of 209
208 REPLIES 208

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm how come Chris has not replied to mine and MI5's question about the firmware?? 😕

You need to ask ? wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done MI5 but no reply...
Message 32 of 209

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep must be haha! So @Chris_K is this right?  O2 Germany updates are used for O2 UK phones ?

Sorry I never answered sooner but I've been off for a few days I'm afraid. Could you elaborate on your question if possible, as I'm not quite sure what it is you're referring to I'm afraid.

If it helps to clarify, O2 UK and O2 Germany will have different device teams responsible for testing the software specific to them (the software supplied to O2 Germany could differ to O2 UK) and this is often why you'll see different release dates on both networks (not to mention that the overall rollout from Samsung may reach UK before Germany - or vice versa)

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 33 of 209

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm very interested to hear the reason esp considering how O2 continually tell us how important it is to have the correct O2-UK firmware on our phones, even in preference to generic UK firmware.........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 209

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The question is @Chris_K is why does his phone bought from o2-uk have o2-de firmware on it ?

Currently using:
Message 35 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughful  hmm...Rolleys

@MI5 wrote:

The question is @Chris_K is why does his phone bought from o2-uk have o2-de firmware on it ?

Message 36 of 209

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

That's an easy one - he doesn't 🙂

While sites like Sam Mobile are great resources, they are not official and sometimes don't show the full picture or contain all the details. For the Galaxy S6, all of Telefonica (UK, Germany & Spain) are given the same software version, but all three networks will make their own country specific optimisations, customisations and settings changes and perform their own testing. The CSC G920FTEF1AOC1 was approved by us on 8th April for UK builds, and we're also going to be testing an S6 maintenance update beginning sometime early May.

Remember, don't trust everything you read on the internet... unless it's from us 😉

Message 37 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone just found an update. 149.11mb patch. Hopefully this fixes a few things!

So have you noticed any difference? Improvements on any part of the phone? Is the RAM better? Feedback  Happy Dance

Message 38 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

That's an easy one - he doesn't 🙂

While sites like Sam Mobile are great resources, they are not official and sometimes don't show the full picture or contain all the details. For the Galaxy S6, all of Telefonica (UK, Germany & Spain) are given the same software version, but all three networks will make their own country specific optimisations, customisations and settings changes and perform their own testing. The CSC G920FTEF1AOC1 was approved by us on 8th April for UK builds, and we're also going to be testing an S6 maintenance update beginning sometime early May.

Remember, don't trust everything you read on the internet... unless it's from us 😉

Thanks for the info thats all what we needed to know Smiley Very Happy was getting a bit confused me and @MI5 - In regards to the testing of the upcoming S6 maintanance update in early May? Dont you mean early June? or we would have got it by now LOL 

Can you give us a sneak preview of what the maintance will include? 

Message 39 of 209

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Woops, June indeed! Sorry, just out of my DeLorean and got all confused.

I don't have any info on the MR update but i'll check into it. Most maintenance releases are boring from a customer perspective and are usually just minor tweaks and adjustments from the previous update, rather than including new features... But leave it with me and i'll have a check - may not get anything until we receive it for testing though so may take a few days.

Message 40 of 209