cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 "Micro Updates"

Anonymous
Not applicable

As alot of you know there are going to be Micro Updates (firmware updates) to the galaxy S6 in the coming months - the first one is to sort out the RAM management - 2nd one is an update with fingerprint and other improvements. Let us know in the comments if you know any other news or info regarding these.

Message 1 of 209
208 REPLIES 208

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also an o2 model bought directly from an o2 shop, it must be pushed to a certain amount of devices at a time

They roll out by seriel number.

Sammobile is now showing releases for XEU and O2U CSC's

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 101 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you dont want to wait til you get OTA update why dont u connect your phone to PC and use Smart Switch software I did this on Thursday night and it showed there was an update for my phone. Good Idea

I love 5.1.1 it makes the fingerprint reader alot quicker and more stable - the speed of the phone has improved, but cant comment on the battery just yet as i have fully charged it once after the update (also factory reset my phone and cleared cached to get rid of all the rubbish left behind after the installation) 

Message 102 of 209

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

(also factory reset my phone and cleared cached to get rid of all the rubbish left behind after the installation) 

Good advice mate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 103 of 209

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all, just a quick update for you...

The latest update started pushing out to the S6 Edge on Friday, and we're expecting it to begin rolling out to the flat S6 over the next few days

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 104 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 
and update from me: I recieved the update (CSC code "O2U") today when i prompted my phone to check for updates. keep an eye out for updates now!

also, a small warning for those bothered about "RAW" support: "manual camera compatibility test" says that RAW is not supported, but i can confirm it works in apps such as Camera FV-5 on my own device.

Message 105 of 209

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Snap works better for saving RAW files, but expect the stock camera app to support RAW in future updates.

Currently using:
Message 106 of 209

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yup camera fv5 is very hit and miss, snap has better controls too,
But I'd expect the stock camera to get an update via galaxy apps in the near future...
Message 107 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 you know techie geek and all that Destroy

lol

I have downloaded the Snap Camera HDR from the google play store and enabled RAW images (got to tell ya they do a cracking good job at taking pictures at 30MB per image!!) 

The FV-5 camera is great for taking pictures at a slow shutter speed - e.g like the picture below (which is not from my phone its an example from google images)

E17_-_lange_sluitertijd.JPG

Message 108 of 209

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

GEEK Shocked 

Mexican Wave

Currently using:
Message 109 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know the latest update drtails for the s6 flat like build number and kanal, worried my s6 isn't getting updates 😕
Message 110 of 209