cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge case...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded to the S6 Edge and decided to get a phone case with it. It was applied in store by an O2 employee, and I assumed I could take it off whenever possible but it doesn't seem to come off and I don't want to try pulling it off as it might affect the phone.

I spoke to an O2 Chat advisor and was told to take it back to the store to get it took off, but is there anything I can do now?

The case I have: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-flip-wallet-cover-blue-black-p52182.htm
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree with the above, simple request for help, why the need to be so offhand. I can understand the desire not to cause damage to an expensive new phone.

Best option is to go back instore and they will show you how to remove and refit it. The cover looks as though it clips on and isn't one of the s-type covers that you need to replace the back cover of the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I think I am going daft in the head...
Firstly why did you go to a store to put a case on when it was not brought from there. Secondly what's wrong with the case at least it fits and not on from Taiwan that just fits and why don't you just try and prize it off start at a corner I am sure it might just be plastic???
This is just my opinion and I am sorry if it has offended you....

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. The case was applied in store as I upgraded there...
2. Nothing is wrong with the case, I'm just simply wondering if it comes off if I need it to.
3. If wanting to avoid potential damage to the phone by attempting to take the case off makes me lazy, then yeah I'm lazy.
4. The case in the link is not where I bought it from (again, I got it in the O2 store), I added it to show the case I have.
Message 3 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous  Absolutely no need to be so rude, u can offer help without resorting to calling someone just being cautious "lazy" if u don't really care how your replies affect or could affect someone then just don't bother! 

To the author, I would go with the advice of cs, or even look on YouTube as there might be a how to guide on there, where u can watch someone remove their case! 

Good luck, 

Charlie. 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum prides itself on it's friendliness, I agree no need to be so critical.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree with the above, simple request for help, why the need to be so offhand. I can understand the desire not to cause damage to an expensive new phone.

Best option is to go back instore and they will show you how to remove and refit it. The cover looks as though it clips on and isn't one of the s-type covers that you need to replace the back cover of the phone.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Looks like it just clips on to me too but better to be safe than sorry with an expensive device like the edge wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Looks like it just clips on to me too but better to be safe than sorry with an expensive device like the edge wink

Too right...

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it the case that opens a bit like a book with a little slot in the cover for a credit card or such, I have one of those and it does come off, it takes a little bit of pulling because it fits so well, but yes you can take them off easily and with no damage to your phone - I know this because I've done it myself!  Good luck.

Message 9 of 9