cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 issues since Android 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Since my Galaxy S5 upgraded to Android 5 I keep getting the warning message to check the cover on the charging point appearing at random times. Anyone had this? I'm thinking of a factory reset as its getting really annoying.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive had this issue. I'm not sure what causes it but it seems to do it when you unlock the phone. I have also had the contacts stopping and more recently the Amazon app has been stopping too. I did a factory reset which helped for a few weeks but theae bugs are slowly but surely coming back.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

After an OS upgrade a reset is a good idea. just make sure it's totally backed up first.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. So I take it that a factory reset won't change the level of android on the phone?
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is there not a tick box to "not show this message again" ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive had this issue. I'm not sure what causes it but it seems to do it when you unlock the phone. I have also had the contacts stopping and more recently the Amazon app has been stopping too. I did a factory reset which helped for a few weeks but theae bugs are slowly but surely coming back.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah interesting........it's obviously a common issue........just really annoying. Before the up grade the phone was faultless........and that hideous orange colour in messages.....what were the Android developers thinking off. It makes the phone look so childish.
Message 7 of 7