cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 freeze/pixel startup screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an issue with my S5 where it started not waking up from sleep - the two bottom lights would come on, haptic feedback would still register if you swiped screen (like incorrectly entering code) but the screen would stay black. A battery pull would fix this but now after a battery pull show a white screen with CMY (cyan magenta yellow) pixels. I still get haptic fedback similar to above, but i cannot do anything with the phone. Very frustrating. 

02 shop reccomended backing up and running minimal to rule out software issue, but i cannot even boot in safe mode now. 

I have a picture of the sceen but no way of uploading and sharing.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Anyone else got a fix?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the forum,

If your phone is under 14 days old and obtained through 02 then take it back for a new replacement.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Have you recently upgraded any firmware at all.

If so then its typically recommeneded that a hard reset is performed to help clear out old files as sometimes a phone can glitch.

Please make a back up first as this process can delete any saved data in the phones internal memory.

If this continues then you have a couple of choices.

Contact the Uk Support Centre of the manufacturer (recommended) which would then entail probably sending the phone to them for attention or secondly ask 02 repairs to have a look at it by dropping it off at your most local 02 shop.

http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/how-to-hard-reset-samsung-galaxy-s5-using-code-button-combinat...

Let us know how you get on please.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

To upload a picture on the forum look at the Rich Editor bar ar the top of the page. 

See the icon thst looks like a Tree in a box ? Use that and you can upload a picture from your phone or computers gallary.

Message 2 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's clearly a hardware fault that you won't be able to resolve without opening the phone which will void warranty so get it looked at through the correct channels.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get anywhere with this @Anonymous
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, thanks for the replies so far.

As it stands, I have done a firmware update, which seemed to wrk, and all of a sudden the issue came back with a vengeance. I am in talks with samsung support to see what they can do, and as of *pm tonight i have carried out a factory reset to see if the issue persists. My handset is 4 weeks old, no damage whatsoever, so im presuming its a hardware fault from new?

Attached is the original pic that i couldnt attach...

20140822_232503.jpg

apologies for the poor qaulity. At this stage ^ there would be no haptic feedback and no response from the screen. the lock button would lock, but on wake up this would reappear

Regards

Darren 

Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry to hear the issue still persists.

Did the Hard Reset help at all ?
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has so far, but has only been around 12 hours. Fingers crossed. 

D

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll keep mine crossed too
Message 8 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 29