cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 Volume has a mind of it's own!

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Just got a new samsung galaxy s5 (which i love!) only problem i've found is when i'm listening to music and exercising (ie out for a run yesterday or at the gym tonight) after about 40 minutes the volume just goes haywire and either turns down to nothing, or turns up full blast involuntarily! When i turn and readjust it to the correct volume it just does it again straight away and i have to pull the headphone out and put them back again

It only seems to do it when exercising as i was listening to music all day at work today without a problem! Is this a known thing and is there anyway it can be fixed, it's so annoying!

Thanks!

Helen

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Occasionally turning the phone off , clean the SIM card and battery pull (phone model dependant) and turn the phone back on clears lots of glitches.
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add if the phone is under 14 days old keep in mind you can swap it out if purchased from O2 if any tips and tricks don't work.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 3 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Do you have the phone in any kind of case at all....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear o2 Management Team

Please cancel m y usage of data with Tesco 889900 message who fraudlebtly charging me 11/35 pounds.

Mohammad Aslam

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear o2 Management Team

Please cancel m y usage of data with Tesco 889900 message who fraudlebtly charging me 11/35 pounds.

Mohammad Aslam

You need to plead your case to CS on 202 mate 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Can you elaborate ?

We are all O2 Customers here.

Contact O2 Customer Services if you feel something is wrong regarding your account http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You need to contact customer service and/or Tesco. This is a customer forum.

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Still don't understand it and it's OT wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 19