cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 & 4G Disconnects

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I recently visited the West Midlands I managed to connect to the 4G network. It worked fine, the speed at which I was able to browse the internet was a vast improvement on 3G. I was quite impressed at first.

A number of times throughout the day the connection would drop, however I'd lose full connectivity, data & voice. Everytime I had to reboot my phone which was frustrating :manfrustrated:. Ultimately, I had to amend my phone settings to exclude 4G.

Has anybody come across this issue and is there a solution?

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I suspect there may have been some underlying network fault in the area you are in.
My phone flicks between 3g/4g without any issues.
You could try resetting your network settings next time but I would hope it was just a glitch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've never had the problem, seamless connections between 3G and 4G so possibly an issue with masts

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you went through some so called not spots where there is no coverage. I know the West Midlands well and there are many.
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I live in the Midlands and yes I have experienced it a lot recently. 4G in Birmingham by the airport...travel towards home and it is flicking back to 3G frequently (and at one point dropped all network connection for about a minute).

In Coventry at the weekend and had 4G....till I went to another suburb 2 miles away and back to 3G

It was a new experience for me as I have only had a 4g sim since January and haven't travelled much in the UK since then...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5