cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.4 update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will o2 be releasing this update for the S4 GT-I9505? I hear it's already been released for the I9500 in some other countries and for some Sony's over here in the UK on o2.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm afraid 4.4.2 is currently the latest available update for the S4 i9505 - I understand 4.4.4 may be available on select other models at present but these updates can't be directly applied to devices they weren't designed for, so networks will need to await Samsung sending a final build to them for testing, to then release back to them to push to customers.

I have no further details on any future 4.4.4 updates but that's not to say it won't happen - it can typically take a while for vendors to bring their ranges up to the latest OS and circulate software around. I'll keep my ears to the ground and update everyone whenever there's more movement on this one.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes there are some phones that have 4.4.4 bit not all yet. Chris is the only one likely to know about o2's plans though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops I just meant KitKat 4.4.4 as it's meant to fix a lot of bugs.

*Edited title.

Message 4 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm afraid 4.4.2 is currently the latest available update for the S4 i9505 - I understand 4.4.4 may be available on select other models at present but these updates can't be directly applied to devices they weren't designed for, so networks will need to await Samsung sending a final build to them for testing, to then release back to them to push to customers.

I have no further details on any future 4.4.4 updates but that's not to say it won't happen - it can typically take a while for vendors to bring their ranges up to the latest OS and circulate software around. I'll keep my ears to the ground and update everyone whenever there's more movement on this one.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris have you heard anything more about the kitkat update?

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a 'problem solved' notation attached - The question was not sufficiently addressed nor answered.  But hey, what do I know.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I see a 'problem solved' notation attached - The question was not sufficiently addressed nor answered.  But hey, what do I know.

You may be correct but as the original poster gave the solution to the question they asked.... it must be ok for them?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lollipop is now released for the S4 anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9