cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Insufficient Storage???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since having my S3 I've had nothing but problems with it. After having a sim swap and been taken in for repair and STILL not fixing the problem, i'm at my wits end!!

Basically, my phone keeps alerting me that I have insufficient storage. However, if i go on to my storage it says this:
Total Space: 11.25GB

Apps: 563MB
Pictures: 27.05MB

Audio: 72.86MB

Miscellaneous: 148KB

AVAILABLE: 434MB

Where the hell is all my storage?!

I've rebooted/reset my phone 7 times now, it's happened that many times! But I shouldn't have to keep losing ALL my photos and contacts and eveything because of this horrible fault! 

What should I do??

Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive reinstalled facebook, instagram and set up my email account and i have 10.85 available..

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Firstly you should back up your phone so you don't loose anything wink It can be restored after a reset.

Have you updated to Jelly bean yet as the file format is different which means it is virtually impossible to get low space....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now started to back up everything, as I have a 1 year old and lost lots of photos/videos of him the first time I had to reset 😞 and yes, I've had all the updates! So still no idea why. Maybe a faulty phone?

Message 3 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the storage you have written above is exactly as it is on your phone you have issues as it is not displaying correctly for JB OS. Go into settings, about device and look for android version in there. How have you been doing a reset?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android Version: 4.1.2

I do the reset by 'Back up and reset' & pressing 'factory data reset' like the person in the o2 shop showed me to do 😕

Message 5 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Back up everything now and we'll try something else.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_2013-01-24-18-28-37.png

Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Everything is backed up, I do it every day now just incase!

Message 8 of 27

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try clearing the cache by holding the volume up, home and on switch till you get the menu and then scroll down to clear partition cache, then reboot.

Message 9 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Menu says:

Reboot System now
apply update from ADB

apply update from external storage

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

apply update from cache

which one?

Message 10 of 27