O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 1: Joiner
bigyid

Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware

I have been trying to update since new firmware was released,im on O2 UK.

Before it use to say no update found but just recently im getting this error when clicking on check for updates

failed to update firmware due to network or server problem.Try software update via settings > Software Update > Update or try using PC Kies later

I have tried connecting to Kies but says im on latest firmware

PDA:LE8/PHONE:LE5/CSC:LE5 (O2U)

Has anyone on o2 got new firmware yet ?

Please use plain text.
bigyid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Firmware

Bump :manembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 180
Solutions: 2,365

If Kies says you are on the latest FW then you are. O2 branded phones will always be behind in terms of "bugfix" upgrades as O2 willl have to test the FW with their network to ensure there are no issues. Also, the "bugfix" might not be relevant to O2 branded phones (a baseband change for example) so you will not get it....
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM Three UK / giffgaff
HTC One O2 4G Unlimited
Samsung ATIV s EE 4G
Please use plain text.
bigyid

The new update is meant to fix certain issues regarding redraws and battery,not sure how that effects O2

And O2 should pull their fingers out as they are the only mobile phone network who hasn't rolled out the new firmware
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
mattyc

When I connected my phone via kiers it told me it couldn't be updated in this way? Is this because it's a o2 branded phone?
Please use plain text.
kilbysan

I second that O2 should pull their finger out. There has been a new firmware update from Samsung today for the S3 that fixes the automatic brightness. We do not even have the first firmware yet that addresses the screen draw speed !!
Please use plain text.
Prozmonkey

I bought my S3 sim free from Amazon and have ust been offered and updated to PDA:LFB / PHONE:LFB / CSC:LFB (BTU) Not sure whats new or different yet ... just finished updating .
Please use plain text.
paulstephens

Please could someone offer me some help? I have just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 on O2. When I select the software update option, it states it can't search because I need to be connected to W-Fi. I then downloaded KIES and it's telling me I can't upgrade using KIES because of the firmware... I'm confused. I don't have access to Wi-Fi. Can anyone help? Thanks

Please use plain text.